I was born in Indiana and keep ending up back in the Hoosier state from time to time, usually by accident. In the US, I’ve also lived in Wisconsin, Michigan, North Carolina, Texas, and Oregon, but I’ve been to most of the states in the “lower 48,” as we say. I’ve also lived in Germany and France, have traveled in South America, the Middle East, a little in Africa, and a bit throughout Europe. Most of my international travels have been part of a church group or with Youth With A Mission and most of my domestic travels were when I was a corporate photographer. I listen to a lot of music, fill numerous Moleskines with a fountain pen, sometimes have a long beard, sometimes a short one, and rare is the occasion you’ll find me clean-shaven. I work better in cafes than I do from home, but I never wear a beret. Gertrude Stein’s quote of “America is my home country, but Paris is my hometown,” fits me rather well indeed. I will always be an American of mixed European heritage, but Paris is, truly, my hometown.
My major photographic influences might be a bit cliché, but I’m OK with that. For technical prowess, Ansel Adams has been a huge asset to my growth. Henri Cartier-Bresson, Annie Leibovitz, and Richard Avedon have been some of my biggest style influences. Out of those, I think I prefer Avedon the most for his eye to simplicity.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.
All my best,
Some examples, in no particular order, of past projects, clients, and publication:
- Private Clients
- Sunwest Management/Senenet, Inc.
- Youth With a Mission (Herrnhut, Germany)
- Youth With a Mission (Paris, France)
- Youth With a Mission (Muizenberg, South Africa)
- Kiwizine (restaurant in Paris, France)
- Camp Stewart for Boys
- Michiana YMCA (summer camp & promotional/marketing photo shoots)
- Lakeville Folk & Blues Festival 2011 (Canned Heat, Big Brother and the Holding Company, Jefferson Starship, etc.)
- Eye See Media Magazine
- Volkswagen USA (Super Bowl XLVI tailgate party featuring Joe Montana)
- Rolling Stone Magazine (Super Bowl XLVI tailgate party)
- Shannon Curtis (at concert venues in Oregon & California)
- First Assembly of God, St. Joseph, Michigan
- The Vineyard Church, Mishawaka, Indiana
- Imago Dei Church, Portland, Oregon
- Chartreuse Gallery, St. Joseph, Michigan
- Spoken Word in Paris
- Stephen Drendall’s campaign for County Probate Judge
- Indiana University South Bend (athletic department & The Preface)
- The American Church in Paris and their contemporary worship team, Still Point
- Strangely Normal concert tour, featuring Phil Joel, Katy Hudson (Katy Perry), Luna Halo, Earthsuit, and V*enna